Helen Group employs approx. 1000 experts and specialists. We are one of Finland's largest energy groups.
Helen Group is a commercial entity, which consists of the parent company Helen Ltd and its subsidiaries Helen Electricity Network Ltd, Oy Mankala Ab and Helsingin Energiatunnelit Oy. The associated companies of Helen Ltd are Voimapiha Oy and Suomen Merituuli Oy,
Helen Ltd offers its customers electricity, district heating and district cooling, along with a wide range of services for small-scale energy production and the customers’ own energy use and improving its efficiency. Helen Ltd produces energy at its power plants and heating plants located in Helsinki, as well as through its power assets. Helen Ltd is owned by the City of Helsinki.
Helen Electricity Network Ltd (100%) concentrates on electricity network operations in compliance with the Electricity Market Act and provides transmission and distribution services to its customers in almost the entire City of Helsinki. The net sales of Helen Electricity Network Ltd account for approx. 13% of the Helen Group’s net sales.
Oy Mankala Ab (100%) is a hydropower company that owns the Mankala, Ahvenkoski, Klåsarö and Ediskoski hydropower plants by the Kymijoki River. Oy Mankala Ab’s holding in Teollisuuden Voima Oy is 8.1%, in Suomen Hyötytuuli Oy 12.5% and in Suomen Merituuli Oy 50%.
Helsingin Energiatunnelit Oy (90%) started operation after the tunnel business of Helen Ltd had been transferred to the new company. The City of Helsinki’s holding in Helsingin Energiatunnelit Oy is 10%.
Directors of Helen Group
The Directors of Helen Group are responsible for acting in support of the CEO of Helen Ltd and the managing directors of its subsidiaries in the processing and communication of matters and preparation of decision-making.
The Directors of Helen Group are
- Juha-Pekka Weckström, President and CEO, Helen Ltd
- Rauha Bato-Liukkonen, SVP, Human Resources, Premises, Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience
- Jaana Eklund, VP, General Counsel
- Heikki Hapuli, SVP, Production and Asset Management
- Markus Lehtonen, CEO, Helen Sähköverkko Ltd
- Sari Mannonen, SVP, Solution Business
- Harri Mattila, SVP, Energy Procurement and Wholesale
- Timo Rajala, SVP, Finance; SVP, Sales and Customer Service
- Sohvi Salmelin, VP, Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience
- Tuomas Teuri, SVP, Digital Solutions
- Terhi Vapola, VP, Helen Ventures
- Maiju Westergren, VP, Sustainability and Public Affairs
- Markku Järventausta, Chief Procurement Officer